DIFFERENTIAL SHAFTS: WHAT IS DIFFERENTIAL WINDING? – Resource Information
Differential winding is a clutching adjustment that allows tension to equalize from one slit roll to the next on the same shaft or rewind operation. Each individual rewind roll is completely isolated from all others.
Some defects that can be addressed by winding products on a Differential Shaft include:
– Film caliper variation
– Coated products with inconsistent thickness
– Laminates with variation in substrate thickness
– Other situations where thickness varies across the web
Symptoms of the operating defects by winding products on a Differential Shaft
– Wound roll tightness variation between rolls wound on the same shaft
– Wound roll tightness variation between rolls would on a duplex machine
– Individual core crush or locking
– Individual slit web breaks
– Dished rolls
– Coated products with adhesive squeezed out from between layers
For direct service, click here to locate your area sales representative.